2022 2 oz GB The Britannia Silver Proof Coin
Britannia first appeared on coins struck in Roman times and was revived on circulating coins 350 years ago, during the reign of Charles II, when she appeared on the reverse of copper halfpennies and farthings. Since then, Britannia has been included on the coins of every British monarch and has come to represent hope and strength of character in challenging times. Dan Thorne’s design incorporates celebrated, traditional imagery, including the trident, shield and lion, whilst featuring a bold, modern background filled with sunrays and rising waves.
- 2022 year-dated coin honouring iconic, female figure of Britannia
- Crafted from 2oz of silver
- Struck by the British Royal Mint to Proof quality
- Official British legal tender
- Measures 40mm in diameter
- Fantastic presentation – highly collectable memento!